Welcome to Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS)
Our Class Teacher is Mrs Bell
Classroom support: Mrs Kiteley, Mrs Castling and Miss Catterson
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in Class 1 follows a separate curriculum to the new National Curriculum. There are seven areas which form the basis of the curriculum. These areas are made up of prime areas and specific areas.
The prime areas are:
- Personal, social and emotional development (making relationships; self-confidence and self-awareness; managing feelings and behaviour)
- Communication and language (listening and attention; understanding; speaking)
- Physical development (moving and handling; health and self-care)
The specific areas are:
- Literacy (reading; writing)
- Mathematics (numbers; shape, space and measures)
- Understanding the world (people and communities; the world; technology)
- Expressive arts and design (exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative)
Each area of learning has a set of related early learning goals which the children are assessed against.
Each Class has a Curriculum Map which outlines what will be taught during the year.
Please view further information about our curriculum on our website.