At Kirk Merrington Primary School, we have experience of supporting children and young people with a wide range of needs including:
Communication and Interaction
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SCLN)
- Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)
Cognition and Learning
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Mental Health Difficulties
- Social and Emotional Needs
Sensory and/or Physical needs
- Gross and Fine Motor Needs
- Sensory Processing Needs
- Hearing Impairments
- Visual Impairments
- Physical Disability
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Across our school, we have a variety of children with varying types of need. Below is an overview of the types and levels of need across our school, in September 2019
- 0.7% of children have a physical disability or visual impairment.
- The data influences the planning of CPD (Continuous Professional Development) for the staff at Kirk Merrington Primary School.
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census.